Saturday, February 20, 2010

When you need a miracle

There are times when a miracle is the only thing that will get you out of a situation.  I have experienced several "I need a miracle" moments.  When this moments come upon me, my only hope is prayer and a prayer for a miracle.  I learned about prayer as a young girl by watching my grandmother pray.

I was raised by my grandmother and as a young girl watched her pray for our family, for her friends, and for those who sought her out to pray for them.  In the morning when my grandmother woke up, the first thing she did was to offer a prayer of thanksgiving that God had allowed us to see yet another day.  She would then commit the day to the Lord before beginning her intercession for every need that had been brought to her attention.  Before every meal, my grandmother offered a prayer of thanks.  At the end of the day, she led us through our bedtime prayers.  I saw my grandmother pray for women who had been married for several years and had not been blessed with children, and within a few months these women conceived and bore their children. She prayed for people who were having problems finding jobs, those who were sick, and many more others.

No comments:

Post a Comment